Friday, February 17, 2012

These are the times we NEED God (pregnancy update)

Yesterday I went in for one of my many doctor check ups. Everything was looking great! The results on my glucose test were great, my vitals were good, baby's heart sounded perfect (he even had the hick-ups), and my weight is up to normal. I felt great about how everything was going. I did have a few things I needed to bring up to the nurse that have been a little different with my body. First I have been feeling a lot of deep pressure in my lower belly, which the nurse thought was just ligament pain, and second, the baby hadn't been moving as much the past few days, which she thought he was just sleepy. They decided to monitor me for 20 minutes just incase, since his movements have lessened. So they hook my up.

One part of the monitor checks the baby's heart rate and the other part checks for his movements and also if there are any contractions. There were... I had 4 contractions within the 20 minute test, which is not good. I didn't even notice them. I maybe felt one but not the other 3. And I just have to say the lady that was helping me was awful! Before I knew I was having contractions she walked up to the monitor and looked at it and says "That's not good." and then walked away. Then walks back in and says "Why isn't he cooperating?" and then walks away again. Talk about stressing a pregnant woman out!!! She finally comes back in and asks me if I new I had been having contractions and I said I had no idea. They then checked to see if I was dilated, praise the Lord, I wasn't, but that still doesn't mean I won't be going into labor anytime soon... They took a sample and I should hear the results today and it tells whether you will go into labor in the next 2 days. If it comes back positive I will be sent to the hospital for a few days to work on keeping me from going into labor and monitor me. Also, if I get 5 or more contractions within 1 hour I have to go in. So all in all, yesterday was an extremely emotional day...

We are not ready for this baby to come. He's not ready to come out! I am only 25 weeks and 4 days! He needs to keep cooking! If you could please be praying that he stays in longer that'd be great! For some reason my uterus is trying to fight stretching. Please also be praying that AJ and I will fully be able to give this up to God. We are both totally overwhelmed. I am doing my best not to stress but it is VERY hard! The next fews days I am supposed to just be relaxing and resting and sleeping, which is hard to do when all I can think about is that my body is trying to kick the baby out. Pray that doctors will have wisdom in their decisions.

God is great, no matter what happens!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you and AJ and the doctors! And the baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie! I had no idea! I have been texting you wondering what might have happened at the doctor's yesterday. You THREE are in my prayers along with the doctors. God is BIG and your tiny baby is a piece of cake for Him to take care of. Keep your trust and faith. I love you!

    ReplyDelete